- “Read: “Doctors often prescribe placebos. But how well do they work?” New York Times
- Read: “A surprising discovery: How placebos can help relieve pain”: Psychology Today
- Read: “A placebo for pain relief – even when you know it’s not real” Wall Street Journal
- Listen: “How the placebo effect works” SYSK
- Read: “Le placebo, quèsaco?” LeMonde
- Listen: “Placebo: can the mind cure you?” Gimlet
- Listen: “All the world’s a stage – including the doctor’s office” Hidden Brain / NPR
- Listen” “”Placebos may be a powerful tool that medicine has overlooked” NPR
- Read: “How I learned to stop worrying and love the placebo effect” Pharmafocus
- Listen: “The placebo paradox” BBC Radio
- Read: “Patient care and enzyme release appear crucial to placebo effect” Irish Times
- Read: “What if the placebo effect isn’t a trick?” The New York Times
- Listen: “The counter-intuitive effect of open-label placebo” BMJ podcast
- Listen: “Placebo on Prescription” BBC Radio
- Read: “Placebo’s new power” Time Magazine
- Read: “Will future GPs prescribe placebo pills?” Pharmacy News
- Read: “The ‘honest’ placebo: when drugs still work even though patients know they’re fake” New Atlas
- Read: “How do placebos work?” Mental Floss
- Read: “Getting benefits from placebos” The Saturday Paper
- Read: “Mind over matter: How placebos can enhance health” U.S. News & World Rpt.
- Read: “Aus Getrickst” Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung
- Read: “The weird power of the placebo effect, explained” Vox
- Read: “A radical new hypothesis in medicine: give patients drugs they know don’t work” Vox
- Read: “I knew they were sugar pills but I felt fantastic” The Guardian
- Read: “Why I take fake pills” Smithsonian
- Listen: “Can placebos work if you know they are placebos?” NPR
- Read: “The power of the placebo effect” Harvard Men’s Health Watch
- Read: “How the placebo effect may help you” Harvard Women’s Health Watch
- Read: “How telling people about the side effects of a drug can make them sick” Business Insider
- Read: “Honest placebos: medicine can work without any actual medicine” LA Times
- Watch: “Why do placebos work?” CBS Sunday Morning (national news magazine)
- Listen: “Is it still a placebo when it works and you know it’s a placebo?” NPR
- Read: “Placebos ease back pain, even if you know it’s a sugar pill” New York Times
- Read: “Placebos ease pain even when patients know they are fake” London Times
- Read: “Why placebos really work: The latest science” Wall Street Journal
- Read: “Placebos: Honest Fakery” Nature
- Watch: “Placebos helping IBS, migraine sufferers find relief” CBS (Boston)
- Watch: “New research shows prescription placebo can improve several common medical conditions” CBS
- Read: “Tap the placebo effect to unlock your body’s healing powers” New Scientist
- Read: “Most Notable Medical Findings of 2015” NewYorker
- Watch: “Placebo effects make good medicine better” TEDMED
- Listen: “Prescribing Placebos” Groks Science Radio Show and Podcast
- Listen: “The Placebo Effect” WNPR
- Read: “Why are placebos getting more effective?” BBC News
- Read: “The placebo effect grows (but only in the US)” The Boston Globe
- Listen: “Placebo effect: it might not be in your head after all” WBUR (NPR)
- Read: “Is the placebo effect in your DNA?” The Atlantic
- Read: “Genes and the placebo effect” The Economist
- Read: “Your own personal placebo: genes reveal response to sugar pill” NewScientist
- Read: “Genes may influence placebo effect” ScienceNews
- Read: “The placebome: where genetics and the placebo effect meet” eScienceNews
- Read: “Are some people wired to fall for placebos?” PBS NewsHour
- Read: “Pas tous égaux devant l’effet placebo” LeTemps
- Read: “Sentir alivio sin medicina es también cuestión de genes” La Nacion vivir
- Read: “Outsmarting the placebo effect” Science Magazine
- Listen: “Migraine study reveals the power of placebo” NPR’s Science Friday
- Listen: “Harnessing the placebo effect” BBC World Service (1st segment)
- Read: “Migraines- tablets found to perform better when a patient is told they are effective” DailyMail
- Read: “Power of suggestion revealed in study of migraine drug” US News and World Report
- Read: “Half of a drug’s power comes from thinking it will work” Shots (NPR Health Blog)
- Read: “Take two sugar pills and call me in the morning” Nautilus
- Read: “The placebo effect – a new study underscores its remarkable power” Toronto Globe and Mail
- Read: “Expectations influence effects of medications and placebo” Harvard Medical News
- Watch: “Are Placebo Effects Worth Anything?” Harvard MED-Ed Talk
- Watch: The Science of Placebo Forum – brief highlights
- Read: “A Powerful Tool in the Doctor’s Toolkit” New York Times – Health/Science
- Read: “The Placebo Effect is Real. Now Doctors Just Have to Work Out How to Use it” Fast Company
- Watch: “Ted Kaptchuk – On the Power of Placebos” Cambridge Nights
- Watch: “Ted Kaptchuk – On the Placebo Effect” Cambridge Nights
- Read: “When Pretending is the Remedy” Scientific American Mind
- Read: “Worried Sick: Expectations can make you ill” The Scientist Magazine
- Read: “The Placebo Phenomenon“. Harvard Magazine
- Read: “Beyond Belief” Harvard Medicine
- Listen: “Research show placebos may have place in everyday treatments” All Things Considered; NPR
- Read: “Can doctors can feel their patients’ pain?“. Time
- Read: “Doctors can feel their patients’ pain“. Harvard Gazette
- Read: “Brain scan study suggests Docs ‘feel’ your pain.” US News
- Read: “Doctors’ brains feel their patients’ pains”. Boston Globe
- Read: “Doctors Really Do Feel Your Pain”. LiveScience
- Read: “Doctor-Patient Relationship: Physicians’ Brain Scans Indicate Doctors Can Feel Their Patients’ Pain — And Their Relief“. ScienceDaily
- Read: “Forget the Placebo Effect: It’s the ‘Care Effect’ that Matters”. WIRED Magazine
- Watch: “Mind over Medicine”. 60 Minutes Australia
- Read: “Patients’ DNA may explain how placebo effect occurs, study finds”. Washington Post
- Read: “Placebo effect may depend on your genes”. Fox News.com
- Read: “Placebo’s effect may depend on your genes”. Live Science
- Read: “Placebo effect may be ‘down to genes'”. BBC News Health
- Listen: Radio Boston interview with Ted Kaptchuk and Arthur Barsky on the nocebo effect – WBUR
- Read: “Warning patients of drug side effects may trigger symptoms” The Boston Globe
- Read: “A subconscious placebo effect?” – L.A. Times
- Read: “When a placebo might be the right ‘drug'” Consumer Reports
- Watch: “Patients get positive results from honest placebos” WCVB-TV Channel 5
- Read: “Putting the placebo effect to work” Harvard Health Letter
- Read: “The placebo effect and depression” The Boston Globe
- Watch: “Treating Depression: Is there a placebo effect?” 60 Minutes
- Watch: “How the powerful placebo effect works.” 60 Minutes Overtime
- Read: “Your Own Medicine.” Danish Daily Information. (Danish) / Translation
- Watch: “Can A Sugar Pill Help You Feel Better? Surprising New Research on Placebos” An Interview with Heather Kahn
- Read: “New Research on the Anti-Depressant vs Research Debate” TIME
- Listen: “One Scholar’s Take On the Power of The Placebo” Science Friday (NPR).
- Listen: “The Future of Placebos in Medical Care” The Kojo Nnamdi Show (WAMU Radio).
- Read: “Why Placebos Work Wonders” The Wall Street Journal.
- Listen: “Understanding the Placebo Effect” Minnesota Public Radio.
- Read: “The Placebo Debate: Is it unethical to prescribe them to patients?” The Atlantic.
- Listen: “Demystifiying the Power of ‘The Placebo Effect.'” WBUR (Boston’s NPR station)
- Read: “Ted Kaptchuk’s Quest to Understand the Placebo Effect.” The New Yorker.
- Listen: “Placebos and Medical ‘Meaning’.” New England Journal of Medicine’s JournalWatch Podcast.
- Listen: “The Power of the Placebo.” WHYY (Philadelphia Public Radio)
- Read: “What if the drugs don’t work?” The Independent.
- Read: “Asthma study shows placebo can help symptoms.” WebMD.
- Read: “The placebo effect, this time in asthma.” Wall Street Journal.
- Read: “The Epidemic of Mental Illness: Why?” New York Review of Books.
- Read: “When first we practice to deceive.” Harvard Medicine.
- Watch: “Placebos work, even without deception.” NBC Nightly News.
- Watch: “Understanding the Placebo Effect.” Philoctetes Center Roundtable Discussion.
- Listen: “Fake pills can work, even if patients know it.” NPR.
- Listen: “Placebo.” BBC World Today.
- Listen: “All in the mind.” BBC Radio 4.
- Read: “Patients in study who knew they were taking placebo still felt better.” Boston Globe.
- Read: “Perceptions: Positive spin adds to a placebo’s impact.” New York Times.
- Read: “Sugar pills help, even when patients are aware of them.” ABC News.
- Read: “The nothing cure.” Forbes.
- Listen: “Placebo.” BBC Radio 4.
- Watch: “The power of placebo.” Channel 7 Eyewitness News.
- Read: “Alternative placebos.” Harvard Magazine.
- Read: “On pills and needles.” Harvard Medical Alumni Bulletin.